WHAT IS A COMBINATION SKIN TYPE?
Combination skin is a blend of both dry and oily skin. People with combination skin type experience that their oily skin is concentrated in the T-zone, while their cheeks remain dry. T-zone comprises of a person’s forehead, nose and chin.
WHAT CAUSES COMBINATION SKIN TYPE?
A variety of factors contribute to the formation of this skin type but sometimes it is just genetically interpreted. In this type of skin, the causes and combination vary from person to person.
HOW TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE A COMBINATION SKIN TYPE?
This is the most common skin type. The T-zone in this skin type is oily leaving the cheeks dry. To be precise, in summer your skin is oilier and winters leave you with skin dry; in other seasons just the T-zone turns out to be oily. Your periods have an important impact in this skin type; you might have breakouts during periods but otherwise your skin would be flaky.
SKIN CARE TIPS FOR COMBINATION SKIN TYPE
As it is a combination of oily and dry skin, extra care should be taken.
- Drinks lots and lots of water. This is the best way to get flawless skin.
- The dry area should be regularly cleansed and moisturized whereas the oily part should be cleansed, scrubbed and toned to match the dry skin. Use an alcohol free toner. A gentle cleanser is suggested.
- Wash your face at least twice a day with an antibacterial face wash.
- Prefer using natural home remedies to take care of your skin.
- Scrub twice a week.
- Do not rub towel on your face, just dab dry.
- If you suffer from breakouts, use an astringent.
- Use clay masks on your T-zone. It helps in the reduction of blackhead formation.
- Using a sunscreen is a must for this skin type.
TAKING CARE OF A COMBINATION SKIN TYPE IS NOT AS DIFFICULT AS IT MAY SOUND. AFTER ALL, A LITTLE CARE WILL LET YOU HAVE FUN FOR THE COMPLETE SEASON.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE HELPS.
PLEASE POST SUGGESTIONS, IF ANY .