Getting over the extravagant weather these days just doesn’t sound right. And why would it? After all we have struggled through the rough summer bearing sunburns, tans, that excessive heat and of course, the humidity to add on. Now, every season has its perks and so does monsoon, specially with a dry skin type. But have you ever thought about the zillion infections that come along? Yes, and there is nothing you can do about it because every season has its own pros and cons; monsoon is no different.
You can any day take this as an opportunity to start taking care of yourself and enjoy the weather to its fullest. A little skin care can lead to surprising results.
Every person has a different skin type. Here are certain skin care tips for DRY SKIN TYPE to keep that healthy glow intact.
FOR STARTERS, WHAT IS A DRY SKIN TYPE?
Dry skin is characterized by the lack of moisture in its corneous layer (outermost layer of the epidermis, consisting of dead cells), that results into tightening and flaking of the skin. The skin appears to be dull with the presence of fine lines and wrinkles which shows the lack of elasticity.
WHAT CAUSES DRY SKIN?
There can be many answers to that, but the general reasoning of causing the skin to be dry is due to the incorrect skin care and extreme weather conditions. In monsoon, the low humidity takes a toll and thus, the skin might appear dry if not hydrated properly.
Hence, the drastic change in the weather from summer to monsoon leaves our skin in distress.
HOW TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN?
Your skin feels tight, rough or dry anytime of the day two hours after applying the moisturizer. Also applying sunblock, and cosmetics may sometimes cause redness. Detection of almost no visible pores is another sign.
SKIN CARE TIPS FOR DRY SKIN TYPE
The aim here is not to add moisture but to keep the moisture intact to protect the skin from drying out.
- Drink as much water as you can. Water consumption is important in order to flush out the toxins and keep your body hydrated.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face. Do not confuse lukewarm water with hot water as hot water steals the moisture away from your skin.
- Use a mild face wash to wash your face. It is advisable to wash your face twice a day with a face wash and twice simply with lukewarm water.
- Moisturize your skin every time you wash your face.
- Take shorter baths.
- When using a toner, opt for the one without alcohol in its ingredients.
- Rosewater and Glycerin helps in keeping the skin soft.
- Use a cream based cleanser.
- When it comes to scrubbing, opt for homemade scrubs and use it once a week. A mixture of salt or sugar in olive oil is a good combination to apply on your face.
- Massage your face twice a week using natural products.
- Applying raw milk is a good bet. Apply it for 10 minutes and then wash it off with normal water.
- Do not rub a towel, just dab dry after washing your face.
THESE TIPS WILL HELP YOU OUT IN THIS WEATHER. HAVE FUN IN THE MONSOON. PLEASE POST ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE TO ADD ON TO THE ARTICLE.
THANK YOU FOR READING.