Monsoon holidays are just the perfect outings with a splash of water. Traveling in this weather is just extravagant; the kind of scenery, the amazing weather and the lovely smell of the soil. It is no less than a trip to paradise and why wouldn’t it be? The nature is at its supreme. Although, when it comes to traveling, monsoon gives a tough time to the vacationers. But, there are many who overcome these hardships and plan a vacation out. In fact, there are many wanderers who keep certain places specified for the rainy weather as the beauty of those places is enhanced during this season.
If you are somebody who is looking for a break from your hectic work schedule, or maybe want to escape the flooded streets and the busy traffic then monsoon is quite ideal for the leisure. But before you travel, here are certain tips that will keep your journey content.
- Your health should be your first priority. Make sure you carry enough fruits and homemade food for the journey. You don’t know how good the food you buy outside will be and you certainly cannot afford to fall sick during the vacation. If in case you cannot prepare your own food, then be sure that the food you eat isn’t a bad choice.
- Always carry your own boiled water during the journey. Beware of the contaminated water.
- Traveling requires a good bag pack to fit in all your necessary items. Make sure that your traveling bag is waterproof.
- When it comes to clothing, opt for synthetic or partially synthetic clothes. Such clothes will save the drying time if you happen to get wet. Shorts or Capri pants are preferable than the full length pants. Also, avoid light colors. Sleep in full sleeved clothing.
- Closed water proof shoes are a good option as they would not only keep your feet protected but also clean.
- It goes without saying that you have to carry your umbrella and raincoat along with you without fail. You cannot miss on these for sure.
- If you plan on traveling with your own vehicle then make sure you are updated about the weather forecast. Also, make sure you are aware of the road conditions of your destination.
- Always carry a sunblock along. Monsoon has equal effects on your skin as it does in summer. Keep in mind that clouds just hide the sun not the UV rays and its adverse effects.
- Carry a mosquito repellent with you. There is a chance that you might not need it but there is also a good chance that you might get stuck someplace where you cannot survive peacefully without it. You cannot predict the mosquito hazard in this weather. Protect yourself from diseases. Also, carry a sheet in order to cover your body if need be.
- Carry some first aid. A disinfectant scrub should be added to the list of first aid you usually carry.
- Carrying a dryer might seem awkward to you but in the times when you get wet, you wouldn’t want to risk your health in those wet hair for a long time.
- Do not forget to carry a strong torch. You don’t know when you might need one.
- Carry plastic sheets or dry mats with you.
- Zip lock bags are useful while traveling. They will keep your gadgets safe and secure.
- Always carry a good book or some sort of entertainment that can engage you because traveling in monsoon is always accompanied with occasional delays.
- Most important of all, be sure that you are ready to travel in the rains. Enjoying the rainy weather at home and traveling in the same are very different from each other.
IF YOU KEEP THESE TIPS IN MIND, I AM SURE THAT YOUR JOURNEY WILL BE AS REWARDING AS YOU HAD PLANNED. HAVE A LOVELY VACATION.
HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD? PLEASE POST IT IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.
SHARE IF YOU LIKE THE ARTICLE.