STYLING TIPS? Wait…a little flash back!
I am in love with the weather these days and I am sure the same is the case with every person out there. Those pretty mornings, the lovely feel of the breeze, the smell of the earth coming out of the downpour; it’s just breathtaking all at once! But waking up in the morning knowing that you have to pull yourself together for work is just so not fabulous of a feeling. Against all the nostalgic feelings, there is one horrifying feeling of your day-to-day style being dampened. After all, there is no one who would want go as a fashion disaster any day be it a rainy one.
Styling in the rain might sound weird, but trust me it’s just the coolest way of embracing your style statement! So let’s unfold some styling tips for the working crowd to level up with the rain!
The idea is to look professional and feel comfortable at work.
- Avoid whites or pastel colored clothes.
- Going for bright colors in the dull weather with blues, reds, pinks or maybe oranges is a good bet.
- If you work place permits, wearing a knee length skirt or a formal dress is a good idea.
- Wearing culottes is taking your style mantra a step ahead at work.
- Wear light blended fabrics such as lycra, nylon or polyester. These are wrinkle free and easy to wash.
- Go for dark colored trousers.
- Denims are a big no-no.
- Keep away from salwars and patialas. Opt for short Kurtis with dark colored leggings/churidars.
- Substitute your long dupattas with a scarf/stoles (prefer cotton scarf).
- Avoid prints as they tend to run color when wet (Rajasthani prints to be precise).
ALWAYS KEEP A SPARE PAIR OF CLOTHING.
- It’s time to opt for colorful ballerina flats, floaters or maybe crocs.
- Avoid bright colors as they don’t look professional. Go for neutral shades.
- Buy shoes with a good grip. You obviously don’t intend to slip.
- Try rain boots.
KEEP A PAIR OF FORMAL SHOES AT WORK.
- To avoid frizziness tie your hair in a neat bun or a ponytail. Ballerina buns preferred.
- Avoid curling or straightening your hair in this weather to keep the quality intact.
- To avoid any of sort hair problems, get a spa on a regular basis.
- Use your conditioner and serum after a hair wash religiously.
- Tie your hair loose in order to keep your roots strong.
- Avoid wearing silver jewellery as it might turn dark due to moisture. Keep your jewellery minimal in this weather.
- Avoid using leather and cloth bags.
- Your umbrella speaks for you. Use floral prints or bright colors when picking one. Pick a threefold.
- Get the right trench. Nothing can save you better from monsoon’s wrath than these.
My ultimate pick for the rainy weather when it comes to accessories is Indiacircus. You must try them out.
- Apply ice cubes after you wash the face before putting the makeup on.
- Invest in good quality waterproof make up essentials.
- Quit foundation completely. Use a powder base to apply on face instead.
- Matte finish makeup is ruling the runway, so opt for matte finish.
- Use gel based eye makeup to avoid smudging.
- Keep your makeup minimal. Don’t keep it loud. Go for a nude look.
- Using a cream based eye-shadow is a good bet this season.
KEEP IT SIMPLE.
Having said that, let people envy your style at work. Every organization has its own dress code and you have to keep your ensemble according to your office culture.
India Circus Retail Pvt. Ltd. offers contemporary-chic, sophisticated, and affordable style for various areas of your life,from home decor to personal accessories. With an All-Indian palette, they draw inspiration from both Mughal Royalty as well as road-side chai. What is even more exciting is the diversity and distinct array of moods and tones they provide that somehow represents India. Shop them here.
Here is what I picked from their collection.
If you have any suggestions, please post them in the comments section.
For more on women street style read LET THIS RAINY SEASON BE COMPLETELY STYLISH.