Monsoon brings a great relief to everyone, but there are many people whose oily skin does not desire this weather as much. We all know one thing for a fact that oil and water do not gel well; having said that, it’s obvious that your skin would look dull if it’s oily because the humidity is at its highest peak in the rainy season. In simple words, monsoon is a mess for people with oily skin type and hence they need to pay some extra care in order to keep their skin healthy and glowing.
We start with some basic knowledge about OILY SKIN TYPE.
WHAT IS AN OILY SKIN TYPE?
Oily skin type is characterized by excessive oil formation on the face which leads to clogged pores making the skin look moist and shiny.
WHAT CAUSES OILY SKIN?
Well, the most common reason for such a skin type is found to be hormonal changes whose occurrence is genetically determined. It is caused by overactive sebaceous (oil) glands. Too much humidity is another major reason for its cause.
HOW TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE AN OILY SKIN TYPE?
Your skin becomes shiny within two hours of it being moisturized. This skin type is prone to black heads and white heads. It is also characterized by enlarged pores. You may notice more oil on your “T-zone” because of all the oil glands in the forehead, nose and chin.
SKIN CARE TIPS FOR OILY SKIN TYPE
A lot depends on the little changes you make to take care of your skin.
- Wash your face 3-4 times a day to get rid of the excess oil from your face (twice with face wash).
- Use hot water over lukewarm water. Hot water is effective in dissolving all the excess oil on your skin.
- People with oily skin generally don’t need a regular moisturizer, but sunscreen is still necessary to reduce the exposure to UV rays. You can go for an oil-free sunscreen.
- Stay away from heavy cleansing products.
- Use facial scrubs regularly to unclog your pores and also assist in ex-foliation. Use it twice a week. Oatmeal scrub is recommended.
- Go for natural face masks. Make a paste of chic-pea flour (besan), milk, lemon and honey. Try this paste and you will see the difference.
- Do not pick or squeeze pimples. Oily skin takes more time to heal and might as well leave spots.
- When picking any skin care products or cosmetics, look for the word “non-comedogenic”; which means it won’t clog the pores.
- If you suffer breakouts, astringent may help.
- Try clay masks, they help in discouraging the blackhead formation. Apply this once a week.
MY ENVY BOX
View this post on Instagram
#JuneBeautyBox by @myenvybox_india is now out. It has fuss-free yet effective essentials that lets you enjoy the #summer sweetness 💜 Check out the fabulous curation of products Box. ▪️Elenblu Cosmetics – Waterproof Mascara ▪️Ras Luxury Oils – Skin Clearing Face Exilir ▪️Bio Bloom – Facial Scrub Gel ▪️Shankara Naturals India – Deep Cleanse Facial Ubtan ▪️Plump Skin Food – Gold Dust Body Oil Shop now at www.myenvybox.com #fashionfrenesia #fbox #myenvybox
It is quite fascinating to check out these subscription boxes anytime, specially when you know the season doesn’t permit a lot of your beauty store visits. I tried My Envy Box for the month of July and loved what i got to experiment for my skin. I would highly recommend you to check out their monthly subscription boxes and try out your favorite. Visit them here.
So try these skin care tips and I am sure that you will feel the wonderful change in your skin. After all, a little can do wonders.
Your oily skin wont be stopping you from enjoying the rain anymore.
In the last section of this article we went through the skin care tips for dry skin. You can refer DRY SKIN.